The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch and The Trapper Creek Ranch are sponsors and supporters of The Art of The Cowgirl Event. During the 2020 event Marijn Werquin, one of our owners was invited to demonstrate Working at Liberty. Marijn’s coach and Trapper Creek Ranch clinician Farrah Green joined us during the event.
Longtime horse woman Tammy Pate invited Marijn as a testimonial of what women can accomplish, even when starting to play and work with horses at later age.
Mission Statement of The Art of The Cowgirl Event
In order to encourage and assist emerging artists of the western genre, Art of the Cowgirl provides a showcase through an annual gathering that celebrates cowgirls and their artistic contributions to western lifestyle. In so doing, it raises the necessary funds to support emerging artists in expanding their knowledge and skills via fellowships with master artists in their field.
Personal Invitation from Tammy Pate
Please join us for “The Art of the Cowgirl” as we celebrate, gather and connect western women around horses and western art. We will feature female makers, including master artists, silversmiths, braiders, saddle makers and horsewomen. The event will not only provide entertainment and honor women of the west, but also provide fellowships to individuals to further their knowledge with master artists in the trade of choice. The contributions of these cowgirl makers are truly worth celebrating and we look forward to sharing them with you.
- Gather and celebrate cowgirl artists that contribute to western lifestyle and culture through their mastery of their trades
- Raise funds for fellowship program to continue education in traditional cowgirl trades to keep these traditions alive
- Educate with horsemanship demonstrations, ranch horse sale and sanctioned all-women ranch rode
- Entertainment and shopping with exclusive western vendors, live music
- Cultivate and grow collaborative relationships celebrating the western spirit